Dusty Reads (1)

Sunday 5 February 2012




Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Giselle at Xpresso Reads about books that have been sitting unread on your shelf at home for a long time.




Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe



Shipwrecked in a storm at sea, Robinson Crusoe is washed up on a remote and desolate island. As he struggles to piece together a life for himself, Crusoe's physical, moral and spiritual values are tested to the limit. For 24 years he remains in solitude and learns to tame and master the island, until he finally comes across another human being. Considered a classic literary masterpiece, and frequently interpreted as a comment on the British Imperialist approach at the time, Defoe's fable was and still is revered as the very first English novel.





I got this book (and two others) as a present from my brother two Christmases ago and never really got round to reading it since I had been reading so many other books. It's a shame since I picked it out myself. The cover is a bit bland; it doesn't really give an idea of what happens in the book other than the island part.

Have you read Robinson Crusoe?

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.