Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week:




Tokyo Heist
Diana Renn
Expected publication: June 14 2012
by Viking Children's Books/Penguin

Add to Goodreads



Sixteen-year-old Violet loves reading manga and wearing scarves made from kimono fabric, so she's thrilled that her father's new painting commission means a summer trip to Japan. But what starts as an exotic vacation quickly turns into a dangerous treasure hunt.

Her father's newest clients, the Yamada family, are the victims of a high-profile art robbery: van Gogh sketches have been stolen from their home, and, until they can produce the corresponding painting, everyone's lives are in danger -- including Violet's and her father's.

Violet's search for the missing van Gogh takes her from the Seattle Art Museum, to the Yakuza-infested streets of Tokyo, to a secluded inn in Kyoto. As the mystery thickens, Violet's not sure whom she can trust. But she knows one thing: she has to solve the mystery -- before it's too late.
YA mystery that takes place in Japan? Yes please! This is definitely THE book for me. It's got mystery, art, Japan, an awesome sounding heroine and run ins with organised crime! I have got to buy this as soon as I get some money (which will be after the book is released).

What are you waiting on this week? Leave me a link and I'll drop by!

1 comment

  1. Ooh great pick! I've seen this quite a few times for WoW. I think I'll be picking this one up too when it comes out (:

    Thanks for stopping by!

    - Kim @ Kim Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.