Stacking the Shelves (7)

Sunday 6 January 2013

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, in which I showcase books that I have received this week.
Wow, I haven't done a Stacking the Shelves post in such a long time! Ahh, I'm so sorry >.< But, hopefully I will be able to do more posts this year!

For this post, I'm also going to put what I got for Christmas too (I only got one physical book though...)!

I got...

Kindle Paperwhite and a really cool cover!
I have been wanting a Kindle for such a long time and I finally got one! Yay! Once I get through the books on my shelf, I'll start reading on here! Now, for eBooks!


Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Incarnation by Emma Cornwall

Gifted:
Audrey Hepburn in the Movies

I follow P.T. Michelle on Twitter and she tweeted that Brightest Kind of Darkness is currently free on Amazon so I went to the book's Goodreads page to see what it is about and read some reviews and this sounds right up my street! I really love the cover, the red really stands out!

I remember that there was a huge amount of hype surrounding Stormdancer when it came out, but I never really pursued it or found out what it was about. Plus *whispers* I didn't really like the cover that I initially had seen. But, once I saw the UK cover, I was a bit more interested and went to read the synopsis. Once I saw the word "shogun" (a shogun is a samurai's master) and read the Japanese names I was sold and downloaded it to my Kindle. I'm so excited to start this one!

Dracula is one of my favourite books ever and when I heard about Incarnation, I knew that I just had to read it. I mean, Dracula characters in a Steampunk London? Yes please! Also, I seriously want that coat on the cover; it's just sooooo pretty!

Audrey Hepburn in the Movies is actually the only book that I got for Christmas, mainly because I absolutely love Audrey Hepburn. Lady was awesome and I look forward to reading more about her career.

What did you get this week? Leave me a link to your book haul!

3 comments

  1. Brightest Kind of Darkness is great and I have Stormdancer on my kindle but I haven't read it yet! I really want to read Incarnation but I hear it's more adult paranormal and I'm a sucker for YA!

    New follower :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently decided that I want a paperwhite - so I look forward to hearing what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a new Kindle!! Wow, it looks great. :) I have the Kindle 4 but yours looks so much better. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.