Stacking the Shelves: February 2014

Sunday 2 March 2014

Stacking the Shelves is a book haul hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Hello, Krusty Krew! I'm finally back in business after such a long time! University work got in the way of me being able to read just for fun since I'm studying for a degree in English and obviously have a lot of reading to do, as my 'read for uni' shelf on Goodreads shows. All the work has calmed down a bit so I finally have time to read for myself and it feels just awesome. So I figured, why not get back into blogging, which I really really missed? And here I am!
Bought this month:

I've been in the mood to read more contemporary books recently, and I feel like I don't read enough contemporary so I've been looking around for some good books of the genre every time that I go into a bookshop. Feel free to recommend some good contemporaries to me, I'm always open to suggestions!

Most exciting non-bookish purchase (I'll be including one of these every month from now on!):
If you follow me over on my Tumblr (by the way, you totally should be), you'll probably know that I. Love. Beck. Seriously, dude is amazing. I've been waiting for his latest album incredibly feverishly and it only came out on Monday, which was when I actually ran to HMV to buy it (it's a good thing that my uni is located in the city centre). I literally did this when I saw it:


I'm still doing it now because it's so good.
What did you get this week? Leave me a link and I'll pop by!

5 comments

  1. Cinder and Eleanor and Park were both very good. You got some great books this week.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I loved Dash & Lilly, Cinder and Shadow and Bone so really hope you do too :).
    Completely empathise with the English degree. It took me until postgrad to be able to juggle pleasure reading and course reading haha.

    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I saw Beck on last night's Saturday Night Live, good stuff!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite enjoyed Fangirl! Hope you do too. Happy reading and Beck listening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good haul! Fangirl is a fun read. Shadow and Bone is one I want to read. Enjoy and Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.