Back to School Book Blogger Challenge: Day 1 - Introductions

Monday 18 August 2014

Back to School Book Blogger Challenge

Day 1 - It's time to stand up in front of the class and share with the rest of us a little bit about you!


Hihi, I'm Louise! I'm an 18-year-old university student from the North East of England, and next month will be my three year blog anniversary (wowzers). Apart from my obvious obsession with reading, I'm also completely obsessed with films, TV, and cartoons. Oh man, do I love me some cartoons (the vast majority of reaction images in my folder are from The Simpsons).

Anyways, I am a university student, and am about to go into my second year studying for a BA in English and Creative Writing. That means that I do a lot of reading that gets in the way of my reading. Trust me, that totally makes sense.

A few random facts about me:
  • The city where I'm from is where Lewis Caroll wrote Jabberwocky and The Walrus and the Carpenter. There's a statue of a walrus in the park in the city centre to commemorate it.
  • My book collection grows at about the same rate as my DVD collection.
  • I spend more time on Tumblr than I should (you should totally follow me btw)
  • See that Bender gif above? I made it. Yup. I've been teaching myself how to make gifs recently and I think I'm getting better at it. It's like everything: practise makes perfect!
  • I'm obsessed with aliens. Because aliens are just the coolest.
  • When I'm not reading or blogging, I can be found watching films, or TV shows, or cartoons, and also around the net!
So, that is me in as much as I could remember about myself! I shall see you all around the blogosphere :)

gif from Tumblr

7 comments

  1. I also buy a lot of DVD's I already have a huge collection that rivals with my book collection, haha. So I have the same as you; when I'm not reading or blogging, you can find me playing games (most of the times on the PS3) or watching a movie/TV show. Fun to get to know more about you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former English major, I totally get the "That means that I do a lot of reading that gets in the way of my reading." Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts connected to the Back to School Book Blogger Challenge.

    Terri M.
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tumblr is like a black hole. I'm always like, "Oh, I'll just look around for a few minutes" and then I end up spending hours before I finally wake up. & aliens scare me! But I love reading books about them.

    Anyway, nice to "meet" you!

    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed by your gif making ability. I am excited to read your answers for the other challenge questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Louise. Reading that gets in the way of your Reading, yep I get it I really do. ;-)
    Love the pics too.
    Here's my post - Back to School Day 1 - About Me!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you Louise! :) I had no idea what a gif was until a few days ago, and I think you are really good at it. I do not even know where to find those at. And I really like the ones you have created!

    Nice post.

    My Back To School
    Post
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm obsessed with aliens. Nice to meet you. Let's be friends. :D I'm serious. Not a stalker. Swear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.