The Fairytale Survey

Monday 9 March 2015


Recently I've been really liking tags and surveys (I haven't done many myself, but I always like reading them), and I remembered this survey that Mel @ The Daily Prophecy created, and even better, it's based on fairy tales! So without further ado, here is the Fairytale Survey!
You can view Mel's original post HERE.

Part 1: Classic Princesses

Pinocchio - the boy whose nose grows when he lies
Is there are book you lie about, because you feel ashamed for liking it? 
Nope! I don't believe in guilty pleasures and I never feel ashamed for liking things that are essentially harmless i.e. books, music, movies, video games etc.

Beauty and the Beast – The girl who fell in love with personality. 
Which book do you love that has a hideous cover? 
It's not hideous, just downright cheesy, but Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins has a pretty cheesy cover.

Snow White – Hunted down for her beauty. 
Do you ever buy a book based on the cover alone and if so, what is the last one? 
I don't usually, but the most recent book I bought based on cover alone was Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly (I still haven't read it yet).

Sleeping Beauty – Cursed to sleep, awakened by true loves kiss. 
What is your favorite book couple? 
Either Kat and Daemon from the Lux series (so much chemistry, I can't even deal) or Alek and Deryn from the Leviathan series.

Little Mermaid – Gave up on her old life for love. 
Do you ever branch out to new genres or do you like to stick with the ones you know and love? If you try new things out, what is the latest book? 
I do like branching out, but I will always end up back in my comfort zones. The last time I tried something different was when I read Shadow and Bone because high fantasy has never really been my thing.

Cinderella – Who lost her shoe after midnight. 
What is the last book that made you stay up all night? 
I'm having a hard time remembering, but I think it was Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J.L. Bryan.

Rapunzel – locked up in a tower. 
What is the worst books you’ve read last month? 
Her Mad Hatter by Marie Hall. For a book that's supposed to be steamy and sexy, and all that jazz, there was a distinct lack of sexual stuff. Like seriously, there was one sex scene in the whole thing and if it had happened in real time, it would've lasted two minutes. And I feel bad because a friend of mine recommended it to me.

Part 2: Mix-Match

Aladdin – The poor boy who found a genie. 
What is the latest book treasure/gem you found? 
I couldn't really think of one because I've been pretty indifferent towards a lot of things lately.

Alice in Wonderland – The girl who fell through a rabbit’s hole. 
Which book made you really feel like you landed in another world? 
Either Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld, or Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Although I will side with Leviathan more because I have finished that series and it's the best ever.

East of the Sun and West of the Moon – where a girl embarks on a journey to save her love. 
Who is one of your favorite kick-ass heroines? 
Deryn from Leviathan, duh! Even though she is masquerading as a boy, she's totally herself. And she does have a few more stereotypically 'feminine' moments when it comes to Alek, but that's okay because even the least feminine of girls get woozy around people they like at times.

The Frog Prince – where an enchanted prince becomes human again.
What is a book you thought you would hate, but end up loving?
I really couldn't think of anything for this, because I don't really go into books thinking that I'll hate them.

Hansel and Gretel – left alone in the woods and captured by a witch.
Which duo (sister/sister, brother/sister) is your favorite and why?
Probably Sam and Patrick from The Perks of Being a Wallflower because they're the only brother/sister duo I could think of. Even though they're step-siblings.

Little Red Riding Hood – almost eaten by a wolf dressed as her grandmother.
What book disappointed you after falling in love with the cover and blurb?
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. The amount of girl hate in that book was just beyond ridiculous.

Rumpelstilskin – nobody knows his name.
Which book do you love that doesn’t get enough attention?
Am I allowed to say Leviathan for a fourth time?

What would some of your picks be?

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.