Musing Mondays

Monday 26 March 2012


Musing Mondays is a weekly event, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, where you are asked a book/reading related question and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.
Have you ever found a book out of the blue, read it, and then it had it be surprisingly good - one that stuck with you for years? If so, what book was it?

I have; the book that I read was Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I read it in either 2007 or 2008 (I was definitely at school) and that book kind of seeped its way into my dreams.

Tally can't wait to turn sixteen and become Pretty. Sixteen is the magic number that brings a transformation from a repellant Ugly into a stunningly attractive Pretty, and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.
But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be Pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the Pretty world - and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn Pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.
As I said, I read this when I was at school and the entire Uglies series holds a special place in my heart as it was the book that reunited me with my love of reading (as cheesy as that sounds). I'm actually incredibly glad that I came across this book in the school library and read it because I probably wouldn't be blogging about books right now, I'd be doing... I don't know, something less productive?

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.