Life of a Blogger: Favourite Toys

Friday 17 October 2014

Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme hosted by Jessi from Novel Heartbeat where we talk about what we do when we're not reading.

This week's topic:
Favourite Toys

For as long as I can remember, I've been the kind of kid who goes through a cycle of things they like (I still do it now), so when I was little I never really had a favourite toy or favourite toys.

However, there was always something that I could (and still do) spend hours playing with, and that's my games consoles.

my XBox 360, PlayStation 2, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo 3DS (I also have a Game Boy Color and a Game Boy Advance SP [it's a special Pokémon Sapphire design!] that I forgot to include in the photo)
I've been playing video games almost as long as I've been able to read and I still have most of my old games and consoles. I say 'most' because when I got my hand-me-down PS1 from my uncle, he gave me tons of copies of games, but they mysteriously disappeared and when I got a PS2, my parents gave both mine and my brother's PS1s to the children's ward in our hospital. Better than just throwing them away and I can always have a hunt around eBay for non-pirated copies of those games.

I constantly go back to my old games because I was terrible at video games as a child and I constantly try to beat them. In fact, a few weeks ago, I beat two old games for the first time, one being Tarzan on the PS1 (which none of us could ever beat), and the other one was The Simpsons Game on Nintendo DS (which is actually really hard), which isn't as old because that one came out in 2007. Seven years to beat a game isn't as bad as fifteen years!

Did you have any favourite toys as a child? Link me up!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one I receive and make sure to return as many as possible ❤️ If you want me to participate in a tag feel free to tag me (no awards, though, please)!

© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.