10 Spooky Books on My Autumn TBR

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Click here for the list of topics.

It's almost spooky month!


It doesn't really feel like autumn yet in my neck of the woods because I'm still having to open my window during the day because it's still too warm. But that being said, I like to read horror and thriller books during October because it gets me in the perfect mood for Halloween (i'm not much of a horror movie person though, i'm too much of a baby for that), and also because I like to do a spooky-themed month of blog posts during October, so it's only fitting that what I'm reading matches my blog posts, right? 

I probably won't get around to reading all of these books because 1) I'll be back at university 2) I suck at things anyway, but I will try my best! There's no rush, after all.


Psycho by Robert Bloch - Psycho is one of my favourite movies ever, so it's absolutely criminal that I haven't read the book yet.

Carrie by Stephen King - This is a pretty short King book, so chances are, I probably will get to finish this one.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - I've had this book for almost three years now (a signed copy, too) and I still haven't read it yet! I honestly have no idea why, because it's about vampires, and I love vampires. This year I'm definitely going to read this.

Forever Odd by Dean Koontz - I read Odd Thomas a couple of years ago and then bought the rest of the series so that I could marathon the whole thing back-to-back. That obviously still hasn't happened yet, but I can still continue on with the rest of the series.


The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris - Funny thing: I actually sort of studied this book this year. Without actually reading it. Yeah, I should have read this by now. I've already read Red Dragon, so I had a good enough understanding of Lecter.

The Shining by Stephen King - This book has been on my general TBR for years. In fact, it's been there for so long that this edition isn't printed anymore.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - Raise your hand if you love Gothic novels! *raises hand through the roof*

The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe - I put this on horror TBR lists all the time and never get around to reading it, because I didn't have a copy. But now I do! *throws streamers* It's not the exact copy here but I couldn't find a picture of the one I've got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It'll probably take me an eternity to finish the whole thing, but I don't really mind.


The Dead Zone by Stephen King - WHY HAVE I STILL NOT FINISHED THIS BOOK???

Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay - Dexter is bae, and I've nearly finished the TV show, so I should really continue with the books. Hop to it, me.

What's on your autumn TBR?
© Exploring by Starlight. Design by FCD.